Friday, February 19, 2010

You Don't Know This Business - Courtesy of Faith Richardson


My very dear friend and sistah "fo lyfe" Makeda has the most precocious 3 year old daughter named Faith. One of my favorite things about our friendship is hearing the daily tales of Faith's MOUTH lmao. One of my favorites is most definitely her saying: You Don't Know This Business.

While it cracks me up to pieces every time I think about it, it made reflect on some more mature issues we as adults and mainly adult women encounter every day.

Let me first start by saying literally every day of my life there is someone I can easily say to: You Don't Know This Business or another Amy Pohler's: Bitch I don't know your life.

I encounter many different people every day from many different walks of life.

One in particular is at my JOB she will see me talking to someone else and walk up to the convo not knowing what’s going on and stand there silently until someone takes a breath so that she can join in. It pisses me off because you could understand everything in the convo if you simply wait to be invited, granted 9 times out of 10 you won't be but never the less standing there are as a spectator waiting to see where you fit in makes you look like a fool and makes me want to turn around and proudly say: You Don't Know This Business.

Another instance would have to be a family member who constantly calls me wondering where I am and when I refuse to answer they take it upon themselves to speculate to the entire family or whoever will listen. This is the same person that texts me incessantly and when I don’t respond begins to send text saying it's URGENT, but it never is. She constantly speculates everything about my life and really believes her many ASSumptions are true. I think I'll make it my BUSINESS to respond to her next text or gossip of speculation with a very simple: You Don't Know This Business, though she will be completely lost on it I will be cracking up LMAO because I know the meaning, the severity and origin.

Saying this phrase to people will give me the same gratification that I get when playing scrabble and someone challenges my word and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it's a word. While that may not make sense to anyone else it's one of my guiltiest and strangest pleasures.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6SMIRHwaFg&feature=related

You know why you don't get it? Cause You Don't Know This Business :)

♥ Smooches

1 comment:

Boogie said...

You don't know this business

You want that hat, just tell me and i'll go get it for you